Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Ink on paper mounted on canvas
Edition: Unique, Unframed.
Reyna works with ink, acrylics and oils on canvas or paper ... moreInk on paper mounted on canvas
Edition: Unique, Unframed.
Reyna works with ink, acrylics and oils on canvas or paper. One of his signature techniques is to dilute his mediums so the colors will dissipate and intermingle in uncontrolled ways. When using ink on paper, a small bit of water is introduced to the surface, creating profound effects as the color seems to vibrate outward, expanding harmoniously into space.
Martín Reyna is an Argentinian-born abstract painter living in Paris, France. His gestural abstract paintings delight the eye and activate the mind with their luminous color relationships and deft explorations of perspective and space. Reyna is the winner of theChandon Prize, Buenos Aires, Argentina, the Jean-François Millet Prize of Paintings, Valognes, France, the Nuevo Mundo Foundation Prize, and the Gunther Prize of Paintings, among others.He recently completed a Ballinglen Arts Foundation residency in Ballycastle, County Mayo, Ireland, and was awarded a Fellowship at the Fundación Antorchas, Buenos Aires. Reyna works with ink, acrylics and oils on canvas or paper. One of his signature techniques is to dilute his mediums so the colors will dissipate and intermingle in uncontrolled ways. When using ink on paper, a small bit of water is introduced to the surface, creating profound effects as the color seems to vibrate outward, expanding harmoniously into space.Reyna is interested in the balance between freedom and planning. His method is to meticulously plan the linear and spatial properties of his compositions, while leaving room to instigate moments within his process when the forces of nature take over, leading the work in directions he cannot foresee. Two different, but complementary objectives inspire Reyna as he works.The first, as described above, concerns his technical method of pitting the forces of chaos against those of control, by selectively moistening his surfaces so the mediums will react in spontaneous and unpredictable ways.The second concerns compositional harmony. Reyna is interested in exploring how the negative, or unpainted, areas of the surface interact with those areas that are activated by line, color, and form. He has described his compositions asLandscapes of Space. Unlike landscapes that portray the natural world, these abstract landscapes reveal new perspectives on how color, form, light, and emptiness interact within the illusionary, spatial void. Reporting for La Nacion, Nathalie Kantt described watching Reyna work:Shot from above in cascade form, the Chinese ink reacts in different ways on the paper, previously moistened in certain sectors. The shapes of the spots depend on the wet surface, which shrinks towards the vanishing points. You have to act fast before the moistened parts dry out. Says Reyna, ‘I let the stain be built by the accident between water and color. My attempt is to achieve a work that, when finished, is unknown to me. Reyna has exhibited in numerous solo and group exhibitions in Europe, South America, and the United States.Recent solo exhibitions includeTeodora Galerie, Paris, Artemisa Gallery, NYC, Infinito Gallery, Buenos Aires, Antidote Art & Design, Dubai, and Kentler International Drawing Space, New York. Artemisa Gallery, NYCGalerie Theodora, ParisOtra Galería, Buenos AiresDel Infinito, Buenos AiresPhoto credit: Eric Mistler less
- 42.52ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 39.37ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- New New less
- Martin Reyna
- Place of Origin
- Art Subject
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.