Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Oil on canvas
Edition: Unique, Unframed.
Like many contemporary painters, Jeremy Annear embraces a post-disciplinary aesthetic.His paintings express diverse ... moreOil on canvas
Edition: Unique, Unframed.
Like many contemporary painters, Jeremy Annear embraces a post-disciplinary aesthetic.His paintings express diverse influences and stylistic concerns. They speak to something ancient using a contemporary visual language.They explore formalist qualities like surface and paint while never shying away from content.Over the decades, Annear has continually delved deeper into his relationship with abstraction and paint, expanding his abstract studies, expressing in evermore-complex detail the relationship he has forged with the natural environment where he lives and works, on the Cornish Coast.
Jeremy Annear is an English painter who was introduced to St Ives modernism in his early formative years. He lives and works in Cornwall. Annear studied Fine Art Painting and Printmaking at Exeter College of Art in the late sixties. Annear works mostly with oil on board and canvas. The shapes, colors and forms are built up in relief-like layers, resulting in alluring textures, surfaces and edges."I constantly play at laying paint into paint, wet into wet. I have always wanted to throw lots of paint onto my supports. Part of the deepest satisfaction of painting for me has been to achieve exactly what I want with the paint" Jeremy Annear was exposed as a young artist to St Ives group and was influenced by the work of Ben Nicholson, Barbara Hepworth, Roger Hilton and Terry Frost. His paintings share affinities with European Modernists like Braque, Picasso and Miro. Jeremy's abstracted paintings react to the natural geometry and transformations of his beloved Cornish landscape. He has also worked extensively in Germany and Australia and has absorbed influences in his work from both these cultures. Annears work has been widely acclaimed and commented by numerous art critics, curators, art writers, artists and historians, such as Andrew Lambirth (The Spectator), Graham Boyd (Artist), Mercedes Smith (Writer and critic), Ian Collins (Art writer and curator), Nicholas Usherwodd (Art writer and publisher), Dr. Jane Hamilton (Art activist and Historian) or Rachel Barnes (Lecturer at the Tate and writer at the Guardian and The Independant).One of the most eulogistic (but not untrue) comment about Annear comes from Caroline Georgiadis, previously head of sales for British paintings at Christies and currently running her own art consultancy practice: "Jeremy Annear (...) is a European Modernist painter in the vein of great artists such as Paul Klee, Wassily Kandinsky, Joan Miro, Pablo Picasso and Georges Braque."Annear has mostly and regularly exhibited in the UK, but his work was also displayed in Germany, France and The Netherlands.Messums, London, UKCampden Gallery, Gloucestershire, UKLemon Street Gallery, Truro, UK less
- 48.03ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 48.03ʺH
- 2000 - 2009
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- New New less
- Jeremy Annear
- Place of Origin
- United Kingdom
- Art Subject
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.