Oil paint on canvas
Edition: Unique, Unframed.
Neill is inspired by the fluid geometric qualities of curve and line, in ... moreOil paint on canvas
Edition: Unique, Unframed.
Neill is inspired by the fluid geometric qualities of curve and line, in particular how the natural qualities of the earth and sky intermingle with urban elements of object and architecture.Her process is instinctive and non-representational, involving an intuitive marking of the surface resulting in continuous, interwound lines and squiggled geometric formations. The work transcends objective interpretation, instead inviting the viewer to participate through the work in an exploration of the artists relationship with time and space.
Margaret Neill is an American abstract artist from Ohio, using a variety of mediums to create lyrical, gestural imagery informed by curves and non-representational shapes and forms.She lives and works in Brooklyn, NY. Neill earned her Bachelor of Arts from Hiram College in Hiram, OH, in 1978. She went on to earn her Masters in Fine Art in Painting from Brooklyn College in New York in 1984. Neill creates works on canvas, linen and paper using a variety of mediums, including graphite, colored pencil, charcoal and paint. Her process involves an intuitive marking of the surface resulting in continuous, interwound lines and squiggled geometric formations. The work references many of the qualities of Lyrical Abstraction. Her process is instinctive and non-representational. The work transcends objective interpretation, instead inviting the viewer to participate through the work in an exploration of the artist's relationship with time and space. As gestural interactions with moments in a particular location, Neill's works serve almost as surrogate memories, visceral relics of a moment in space and time. Neill is inspired by the fluid geometric qualities of curve and line, in particular how the natural qualities of the earth and sky intermingle with urban elements of object and architecture. Partially informed by observable patterns found in both human and natural phenomena such as buildings, maps and weather patterns, the work emerges from an ephemeral, intuitional state, resulting in objects and images that convey a sense of complexity, serenity and flux. "In my work I circle through a space that is intellectual and physical and relates to both the urban and natural world. In periods of rapid transformation such as how we live today, these works seek a way of being that is quiet, continuous and alive.My paintings emerge from an engagement with my materials and are concerned neither with narrative or image but rather strive to describe a state of being. Color and form are the subjects of my recent work and they interchange in the discourse and physicality of the painting process. I like to play with ideas of speed, movement, and scale. I seek to explore the transformational properties of merging the physical and metaphysical worlds of time and space.I have been fascinated with the rapidly rushing landscape we move through while traveling in a car, bus, or train. And the way various modes of transportation let us feel like we are weightless for a time, moving effortlessly through space. Not unlike the way a cormorant or heron can easily move through both air and water. Painting allows me to conjure up an experience that plays with these ideas." Neill's work is featured in various museums as well as various international and corporate collections, including The Museum of Modern Art Library, Martin Brest, LA and the U.S. State Department. Neill has exhibited her paintings and drawings widely in a number of solo and group exhibitions at museums and galleries nationally.Neill's work has been widely published, and she has been featured on blogs, TV shows, radio programs and extensively written about in the press. Kenise Barnes Fine Art, Larchmont, NYDM Contemporary, NY, NYParagone Gallery, West Hollywood, CA less
- 18.03ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 16.02ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- New New less
- Margaret Neill
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.