Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Acrylic and mixed media on canvas
Edition: Unique, Unframed.
Acrylic and pumice on directors chair canvas, netting, Hessian scrim, sacking ... moreAcrylic and mixed media on canvas
Edition: Unique, Unframed.
Acrylic and pumice on directors chair canvas, netting, Hessian scrim, sacking, nylon rope and canvas.Frost has developed a unique process that is part painting and part collage.His method is based on instinct and intuition, similar to automatic drawing or action painting.He begins by forming abstract shapes out of found materials such as sail, sail cloth, fruit netting, burlap, pumice and rubber. He then collages them in layers on the canvas and paints the shapes with vivid colour. His technique is fast paced and unconventional.
Anthony Frost is an English abstract artist whose vibrant, colorful paintings and prints exhibit the raw energy and freedom of rock music.He lives and works in Cornwall. Frost is the son of Sir Terry Frost RA.He earned his BA Honors in Fine Art fromCardiff College of Art in 1973, and has served as artist in residence at the Cyprus School of Art, Cyprus, the Montmiral School of Painting, Tarn, France, Eton College, UK, and was the Tate Artist in Residence, Oceania, Caribbean in 2011. Frost has developed a unique process that is part painting and part collage.His method is based on instinct and intuition, similar to automatic drawing or action painting.He begins by forming abstract shapes out of found materials such as sail, sail cloth, fruit netting, burlap, pumice and rubber. He then collages them in layers on the canvas and paints the shapes with vivid colour. His technique is fastpaced and unconventional.The goal is to transcend the limitations of preconceived ideas and come up with something true to his inner vision.Frost is also an accomplished printmaker. Despite the methodical requirements of printmaking, he is renowned for his ability to impart the freedom and energy of his painting style into his prints. Frost has said that music inspires him more than the work of other visual artists.He has created several album covers and merch designs for the English post-punk band The Fall.His ambition when he begins a new painting is to visually manifest sensations normally attributed to music, such as rhythm, speed and volume.He sees color, shape, texture, dimensionality and mark making as tools with which to create a new space in which these musical elements can materialize as abstract visual compositions.When starting a painting I dont know the problems I will have to deal with until the painting is well on the go, and the secret (for me) is to keep the whole thing on the boil right to the end, so the finished work has that feeling of excitement, speed and danger. I try to take all my paintings to the edge – it is voyage of discovery, full of surprises, problems, accidents (happy accidents that I use to my advantage) and decisions, which all have to be resolved in some crazy way. Frost has exhibited extensively in Europe and the US.Recent exhibitions include Sound and Vision: TateShots at the Tate Modern, London, and Works on Paper at the Royal Academy, London His works are included in the collections of Warwick University, Truro Museum and Galleries, Kasser Foundation, New York, Limerick Art Gallery and Museum, Ireland, The Bank of America, London, and many others. Beaux Arts, LondonZimmer Stewart Gallery UK less
- 30ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 35.98ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- New New less
- Anthony Frost
- Place of Origin
- United Kingdom
- Art Subject
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.