Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Acrylic on canvas
Edition: Unique, Unframed.
Color and luminosity define the work of Greet Helsen. Her paintings are best described ... moreAcrylic on canvas
Edition: Unique, Unframed.
Color and luminosity define the work of Greet Helsen. Her paintings are best described as abstract landscapes, informed by her memories of personal encounters with nature.Working not from a precise recollection of forms, but rather from impressions of colors, shapes, lines and light, Helsen begins each new painting by carefully mixing and diluting her acrylic paints, seeking not only the perfect hue but also the perfect level of translucency.Each layer is allowed to shine through the next, resulting in sumptuous, textured images full of energy, vitality and depth.
Greet Helsen is a Belgian artist who is inspired by nature, drawing abstract landscapes and using acrylic like watercolour. She lives and works in Switzerland. Greet Helsen studied at the Assenza Art school, Switzerland, where she graduated in 1984. Greet Helsen started many years ago an exploratory journey into acrylic, she learnt the effects of dilution of pigments. Her first step, always, before working on the canvas, is diluting, until she obtains the degree of transparency desired. Her paintings are created from a perspective of composition of colors, surfaces and lines, giving her painting a unique elegance, liveliness. The individual layers of colours are always visible; the splashes of colours and ink lines contribute to the harmony like a musical composition. Greet Helsen has widely exhibited in Switzerland and Germany. Gallery Mollwo, Riehen, SwitzerlandCube Gallery, London less
- 19.69ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 19.69ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- New New less
- Greet Helsen
- Place of Origin
- Art Subject
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.