Speak to Me
oil on wood panel
30 x 30 in.
In this most recent body of work, Didoardo ... moreSpeak to Me
oil on wood panel
30 x 30 in.
In this most recent body of work, Didoardo continues her exploration of dynamic line and color. Scrutiny of her paintings reveals the marks of facture and surfaces worked. She begins her paintings by adding layer upon layer of paint to
wood panels. The surface is then covered in tape, upon which Didoardo draws her signature expressive lines. In contrast to the freedom of this gesture, she then painstakingly cuts along these markings with an exacto-knife, and applies yet
another layer of paint to the revealed surface. Finally, she removes the remaining packaging tape, which causes flakes of paint to peel off and reveal hidden colors. This process of building and revealing is captured in layers of paint and looping, swirling compositions. The manic dance of line across the canvas is chaos made visible, reaching sudden resolution. In their gestural eloquence, the paintings are simultaneously serious and celebratory.
Of her own work, Didoardo says: “There is a visceral connection between viewer and painter through the surface reading of a painting. All of my research is made visible in the sensuality of oil paint, it’s luminosity and chameleonic shifts of color. Sometimes through the cumulative experience it resolves with ease. Other times the tortured surface demonstrates the struggle.” less
- 30ʺW × 1ʺD × 30ʺH
- Early 21st Century
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- New New less
- Mary Didoardo
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.