In 2000, Julia earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Pratt Institute in New York City. Over the ... moreBIOGRAPHY
In 2000, Julia earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Pratt Institute in New York City. Over the years, her eye for composition coupled with her love of painting, design and photography has earned Julia numerous awards in such publications as Photographer's Forum and Creativity along with inclusion into the Yale Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library Special Collections(ALSC) in New Haven, CT.
Julia never strayed far from texture, paint and the mixing and layering of mediums, which are important components to Julia's work. In fact, Julia's most recent abstracts focus on deconstructing painted color palette studies through isolated images, and then rebuilding those studies with new form and composition.
Julia lives in Norwalk, Connecticut with her husband and son. She spends most weekends tackling new projects and getting into all sorts of adventures with her little guy, Neo. She loves painting & photography, the occasional 5 mile run and feisty discussions across the family dinner table on Sunday evenings.
‘When you layer on the paint just right, so that it dances across a wash of another color, a new level of dimension is created. Combine that dimension with the exploration of color and I’ve just begun to captured something meaningful. My style is single-minded and focused on the simplicity of beauty in the moment. My goal is to drown out the noise and clutter to find a sense of calm through light. The end result is clean, fresh and modern.’ less
- 20ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 20ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Gallery Wrapped Canvas. Ready To Hang. Gallery Wrapped Canvas. Ready To Hang. less
- Julia Contacessi
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.