Complete porcelain/china coffee set - coffee pot, creamer, sugar bowl and 5 cups and saucers.
German, Royal Tettau 1794, fully ... moreComplete porcelain/china coffee set - coffee pot, creamer, sugar bowl and 5 cups and saucers.
German, Royal Tettau 1794, fully marked "Royal Tettau” "Germany” ”US Zone”.
Marked for 1946-1949.
Green exterior with white interior. The exterior is hand-gilded and each piece has a hand-painted floral display as the central motif.
History of Royal Bayreuth China. Royal Bayreuth china has been produced in the same factory in Tettau, Bavaria since 1794. It is the finest and oldest German porcelain producer, and it is highly collectible today. Along with the usual dinnerware and coffee and tea sets, Royal Bayreuth is known for its figurals, scenic porcelain and novelties.
The Royal Bayreuth Company was awarded a permit in 1792 by the Prussian king Friedrich Wilhelm II and commenced operation in Tettau in 1794. It is located in the Thuringian Hills, nearby what was once the East German border. It has produced quality porcelain through world wars and disasters, and continues today.
Bavaria is a mountainous region that shares borders with Austria, Czechoslovakia and Switzerland. Munich is the largest city in Bavaria. The kaolin or pure white clay used in the manufacture of porcelain was largely imported from the Czechoslovakian province of Bohemia, not far from Bavaria. After World War II this area became the U.S. Zone, and later West Germany.
Royal Bayreuth has many different identifying marks, but they usually include the coat of arms of Bavaria, two lions rampant and shield, and often the letter T for Tettau. If the item was made for export to the U.S., it included the words Royal Bayreuth. If it was not intended for export, the mark read Porcelain Factory, Tettau. After World War II, the mark included the words U.S. Zone, which appeared on the porcelain through the late 1950s.
Cups: 2.38" Tall and 2.5" diameter
Saucers: 4.75" in diameter
Creamer: 3.6" tall and 2.6" diameter
Sugar Bowl: 5.25" Wide and 5" Tall, 3.75" diameter
Coffee Pot: 9" Tall, 7.8" wide and 4.5" diameter. less
- 7.8ʺW × 4.5ʺD × 9ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent condition. Near mint, no cracks, losses or chips. Excellent condition. Near mint, no cracks, losses or chips. less
- Place of Origin
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.