Complete porcelain/china coffee set - coffee pot, creamer, sugar bowl and 5 cups and saucers.
German, Royal Tettau 1794, fully ... moreComplete porcelain/china coffee set - coffee pot, creamer, sugar bowl and 5 cups and saucers.
German, Royal Tettau 1794, fully marked "Royal Tettau” "Germany” ”US Zone”.
Marked for 1946-1949.
Green exterior with white interior. The exterior is hand-gilded and each piece has a hand-painted floral display as the central motif.
History of Royal Bayreuth China. Royal Bayreuth china has been produced in the same factory in Tettau, Bavaria since 1794. It is the finest and oldest German porcelain producer, and it is highly collectible today. Along with the usual dinnerware and coffee and tea sets, Royal Bayreuth is known for its figurals, scenic porcelain and novelties.
The Royal Bayreuth Company was awarded a permit in 1792 by the Prussian king Friedrich Wilhelm II and commenced operation in Tettau in 1794. It is located in the Thuringian Hills, nearby what was once the East German border. It has produced quality porcelain through world wars and disasters, and continues today.
Bavaria is a mountainous region that shares borders with Austria, Czechoslovakia and Switzerland. Munich is the largest city in Bavaria. The kaolin or pure white clay used in the manufacture of porcelain was largely imported from the Czechoslovakian province of Bohemia, not far from Bavaria. After World War II this area became the U.S. Zone, and later West Germany.
Royal Bayreuth has many different identifying marks, but they usually include the coat of arms of Bavaria, two lions rampant and shield, and often the letter T for Tettau. If the item was made for export to the U.S., it included the words Royal Bayreuth. If it was not intended for export, the mark read Porcelain Factory, Tettau. After World War II, the mark included the words U.S. Zone, which appeared on the porcelain through the late 1950s.
Cups: 2.38" Tall and 2.5" diameter
Saucers: 4.75" in diameter
Creamer: 3.6" tall and 2.6" diameter
Sugar Bowl: 5.25" Wide and 5" Tall, 3.75" diameter
Coffee Pot: 9" Tall, 7.8" wide and 4.5" diameter. less
- 7.8ʺW × 4.5ʺD × 9ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent condition. Near mint, no cracks, losses or chips. Excellent condition. Near mint, no cracks, losses or chips. less
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.