Presenting a fabulous and very rare, original early-19th century chromolithograph engraving after a painting by John Frederick Herring Snr, engraved ...
morePresenting a fabulous and very rare, original early-19th century chromolithograph engraving after a painting by John Frederick Herring Snr, engraved by Charles Hunt, circa 1833.
This original engraving is of “MARGRAVE”, ”The Winner of the Great St. Leger Stakes at Doncaster, 1832” shown with his victorious rider/jockey, Jem Robinson.
The engraving reports that of the 1832 St. Leger, there were 73 Subscribers of which 17 started.
Margrave’s breeding is recorded on the print as being ” By Muley, out of Principessas dam, by Election O.
The Owner of Margate is recorded as ” The Property of J. Gully Esq.”.
“To Whom this Print by permission is most respectfully dedicated by the Publishers, J.F. Herring and S & J Fuller”.
“London published February 21, 1833 by S. & J. Fuller, at their Sporting Gallery, 34 Rathbone Place and at J.F. Herring S, Six Mile Bottom near Newmarket”.
“Painted by J. F. Herring , S.M.B. Newmarket”.
This Aquantint beautifully captures the Winning Horse and Jockey that were victorious in the 1832 running of the St. Leger Stakes at Newmarket by John Frederick Herring, Sr.., one of Great Britain’s most renown sporting artists who did commissioned work for the Duchess of Kent and Queen Victoria. Herring’s Original aquatint, hand-colored prints are EXTREMELY POPULAR and HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER. The engraving is presented under glass in its original oak frame with gilt fillets.
This original Chromolithograph or hand colored aquatint of Margave is by the very famous and highly desirable and sought after British Artist John Frederick Herring Senior.
The engraving is hugely impressive and in superb condition for its age !
In its original frame. less
- 25ʺW × 1ʺD × 22ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- The engraving has some very minor discolorations in the original paper. However, this is consistent with it's age and not ... moreThe engraving has some very minor discolorations in the original paper. However, this is consistent with it's age and not serious. We would not recommend any restoration to this print. less
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
- Gray Original Prints
- Aquatint Original Prints
- Black Original Prints
- Blue Original Prints
- Brown Original Prints
- English Traditional Original Prints
- Engraving Original Prints
- Glass Original Prints
- Gold Original Prints
- Green Original Prints
- Oak Original Prints
- Original Prints in Dallas
- Paint Original Prints
- Rustic Original Prints
- Sculpture Materials Original Prints
- Traditional Original Prints
- Wood Original Prints
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.