This refined and sophisticated Mid-Century Modern vase was realized by the great Italian ceramicist, Guido Gambone in Italy circa 1960. ...
moreThis refined and sophisticated Mid-Century Modern vase was realized by the great Italian ceramicist, Guido Gambone in Italy circa 1960. It features a conical body with a slightly flared mouth, full of rectilinear and glyphic patterns in a rich coffee hue with moments of muted aquamarine against a limestone hued background. With its beautiful craftsmanship and refined palate, this piece embodies the qualities that discerning collectors of first rate Italian Mid-Century Modern ceramics (and Gambone's work in particular) absolutely adore. With its clean lines and Classic form, this piece is as versatile as it is visually compelling, blending perfectly with any style of interior from Classic midcentury to contemporary. The piece is signed "Gambone Italy" and inscribed with his proprietary 'donkey mark'. Excellent condition.
Guido Gambone is one of the most acclaimed and influential Italian ceramicists of the 20th century. Inspired by a range of sources- including cubism and Art Brut- and known for his sophisticated color palates and thick, glassy glazes, Gambone produced inimitable designs that are unmistakably his alone. He began his career at the local Avallone pottery, continued his training at Manifattura Artistica Ceramica Salernitana and later at the esteemed I.C.S. (Industria Ceramica Salernitana). He was promoted to artistic director at I.C.S. in 1935. He later started his own ceramic studios, La Faenzerella in Vietri and later La Tirrena in Florence. After a storied career, Gambone passed away at the age of sixty, in 1969. less
- 5.25ʺW × 5.25ʺD × 10.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
- Guido Gambone
- Place of Origin
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.