Untitled #6, 2019
oil on linen
18 x 18 in.
"My drawings and paintings utilize geometry and are ... moreJoanne Freeman
Untitled #6, 2019
oil on linen
18 x 18 in.
"My drawings and paintings utilize geometry and are influenced by architecture and design. They were initially influenced by the symbols and signage found on the streets of New York. That early visual language emerged into a reductive formal language with roots in modernist aesthetics and ideology.
My current abstract oil paintings combine controlled mark making through the use of loose grids and tape with random lines and shapes. The scale and proportions of the paintings relate directly to my body proportions and my own arms reach. My minimalist approach to lines and composition enhances the more painterly aspects of color and spatial relationships. A duality of control and spontaneity is inherent in my marks and as the scale increases, the paintings relate to both the personal and surrounding architectural space.
My drawings are made with gouache on handmade Indian Khadi paper. The source for the work can be found in the geometry of the city and the effects of light and shadow. They also reference graphic popular culture, specifically the simple direct designs of midcentury media. The loose geometry and idiosyncratic compositions I utilize, amplifies the simple interplay of space and color while also celebrating the odd gesture or random thought. "
-Joanne Freeman less
- 18ʺW × 1ʺD × 18ʺH
- Early 21st Century
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent condition. Excellent condition. less
- Joanne Freeman
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Art Subject
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.