11 x 14 in.
Gouache on paper
"I’m interested in how a cycle of construction ... moreDeborah Zlotsky
11 x 14 in.
Gouache on paper
"I’m interested in how a cycle of construction, accumulation, rupture, and repair creates a complicated system. As I work, I follow detours and choose contingencies within a syntax of shapes, stripes, planes, the static of paint drips, abrasions, and stains, and trompe l’oeil supports that act like small prosthetics within the pictorial space. Each painting materializes out of a friction between intention and coincidence, much like the daily processing and deciphering required to be in the world. In a 2017 catalog essay on recent paintings, Carmen Machado, author of Her Body and Other Parties: Stories, wrote “Deborah Zlotsky’s paintings are, at their essence, a convergence: of Renaissance images and pop art, of the past and present, of science fiction and reality, of physicality and illusion.”
Deborah Zlotsky, a 2019 recipient of the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation Fellowship and a 2012 recipient of a NYFA Fellowship in painting, has exhibited across the country, including McKenzie Fine Art, Pierogi Gallery and the Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery at Skidmore College. Her drawings are in the curated flat files of Pierogi Gallery and The Boston Drawing Project at Joseph Carroll and Sons Gallery, as well as the online-curated registry at The Drawing Center. Her work was featured in New American Paintings 2014 (Northeast edition), and has been collected by Nordstrom, Progressive Insurance, Rutgers University, the Waldorf Astoria, the New York Palace Hotel and the Albany Institute of History & Art. She has been a fellow at Yaddo, Bemis Foundation, VCCA, Ox-Bow, Millay Colony for the Arts, Ragdale Foundation and Weir Farm Art Center. Zlotsky earned a BA in Art History from Yale and an MFA in Painting and Drawing from University of Connecticut. She teaches at the Rhode Island School of Design. less
- 11ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 14ʺH
- Early 21st Century
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent condition. Excellent condition. less
- Deborah Zlotsky
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.