Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
“Stephanie belongs to a younger generation of artists who, looking back at the 1960s and ’70s, are inspired by minimalism ...
more“Stephanie belongs to a younger generation of artists who, looking back at the 1960s and ’70s, are inspired by minimalism and the Finish Fetish movement. She chose a hard-to-control medium that reflects the challenges she has had to face in her life, but she also brings intellectuality, a sense of playfulness and sensuality into her work.” - Grace Kook-Anderson, Curator of Contemporary Art, Laguna Art Museum 2011
Stephanie Bachiero manipulates porcelain clay to form elegant, seemingly undulating, minimalist sculptures. Twisting and turning, her graceful abstractions have the deceptive appearance of weightlessness, grounding themselves through components of negative space and solid architectural structure. Many of her works appear to defy gravity from every angle; her forms push and pull, expand and contract, creating a tension that represents the tension present in the conscious mind and in the human body.
In the lyrical forms of Bachiero’s work, it is impossible to separate out the artist’s personal narrative from the formal concerns of a contemporary sculptor. Bachiero views her sculptures as a way of thinking and communicating what she often cannot speak, since she suffered a severe head trauma in 2003 that impaired her cognitive and speech function. “Through sculpture I can restructure the life I lost intellectually,” she says. “I still have this isolation in my mind, but I can have conversations with the porcelain as it moves.”
Bachiero’s sleek bronze and porcelain sculptures balance strength and fragility. Their refined, flowing forms mask the complexity of their creation, which requires fastidious attention to the material’s temperamental qualities. The process to discover these forms, and the various series and media which they have existed in, is part of an ongoing dialogue with form, logic, and limitation.
Bachiero received her BA in Fine Art Studio from Boston College in 2007 and has exhibited throughout the United States. Her work has been juried into the New York Armory Show and exhibited at the Laguna Art Museum and the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. less
- 86ʺW × 58ʺD × 72ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent condition Excellent condition less
- Art Subject
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.