Janette Dye’s artworks display a perfect balance of form and color. She carefully depicts the organic geometric shapes within ...
moreJanette Dye’s artworks display a perfect balance of form and color. She carefully depicts the organic geometric shapes within her paintings through delicately textured acrylics combined with bold lines and vibrant color fields. Her artworks radiate energy and warmth to any room in which they are displayed.
This 36" by 36" square original painting is wired and ready to hang. The sides of the red, yellow and black artwork are painted black. It does not require framing. It is signed and titled by the artist on the back. Free local Los Angeles area delivery. Affordable US and worldwide shipping is available. A certificate of authenticity and hanging hardware are included.
Born in England, 1962, Janette Dye grew up in a quaint village on the outskirts of the industrial NW city of Manchester, amongst thriving contrasts of the working class and the privileged. These constant changes in movement, growth and vitality were strong influences on the artist from an early age. It was at this time that Janette started regular instructions from the world renowned English painter, Harold Riley. Thus began the start of a lifelong dream.
In later years Janette was exposed to the works of Riley’s mentor L.S. Lowry. Lowry’s paintings depict the strained moods of Northern factories and their laborers, which Janette could relate to because of her family history. He was capable of capturing the overpowering emotions of the workers and the factories through strong stylized forms. She increasingly focused on the potential of a single painted line, which in turn led to her exploration of abstract art. These images soon began to influence her approach on everyday living, “As each painting has a new beginning so we too can experience something new every day.”
During her time at art College in Manchester, she mainly worked with charcoal where her emphasis was on the 'negative' space. The lack of color emphasized the shape and size of the line and sensibility.
After moving to the U.S. Janette has combined her earlier life experiences from the UK and began her new creative direction here. Balance and simplicity is at the heart of Janettes' work. She is at her boldest when she seduces the viewer with her dynamic composition and color sensitivity to create a unique visual vocabulary.
“Life is for Living, not just existing; it's the same as abstract painting. Each blank canvas is a ‘new day’ where every brush stroke is filled with unpredictable excitement, spilling over with spontaneity, nothing anticipated or obvious, yet is able to balance the feelings that don't disturb the viewer, alternately, add a sense of curiosity and objectivity."
In the last few years, Janette has been very fortunate to work with artists such as DOWNS who was mentored by Karl Benjamin and Frederick Hammersley. Her artworks have been exhibited throughout the US and have been acquired by the Capital One cooperate collection.
2016 Russell Collection Fine Art Gallery, Austin, TX
2016 Malton Art Gallery, Cincinatti, OH
2016 Christopher Anthony Collections, CA
2015 Capitol One Corporate Art Collection, San Francisco, CA
2015 Colin Fisher Studio, Palm Springs CA
2015 Studio D Contemporary Art, Palm Springs CA
2013 Studio D Contemporary Art, Palm Springs CA
2008 Dezart One Gallery, Palm Springs, CA
2005 Gallery Carla, CA
1995 Windsong Gallery, Del Mar CA
1982 Kings Street Gallery, Manchester, England
1979 The Delph Gallery, Worsley, England
1978 Salford College Art Gallery, Salford, England
1970 Buile Hill Museum (with Harold Riley), Salford, England
About the gallery: Artspace Warehouse is one of the world's leading galleries for savvy contemporary art collectors. With galleries in Zurich (Switzerland Kunstwarenhaus Est. 2000) and Los Angeles (USA Est. 2010), Artspace Warehouse specializes in affordable international urban, pop, figurative and abstract art from the hottest emerging and mid-career artists. less
- 36ʺW × 1ʺD × 36ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
67570 does not qualify.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.