New York artist Thomas Hammer is known for his motion filled ink works on paper. His ink works, created with ...
moreNew York artist Thomas Hammer is known for his motion filled ink works on paper. His ink works, created with a unique tool that’s a fusion of a squeegee and a brush, are inspired by the spontaneity and vim of post-war action painting, though they employ a unique vocabulary of mark making. He creates a sense of depth through the variety of textures that vary between smooth and flowing, staccato and rhythmic. The physical process of creating his ink paintings involves a degree of performance. The brushwork requires gestures that activate the body like dance. He works fast and relies on instinct to achieve the right balance of spontaneity and control.
This one-of-a-kind black and white 66 inch tall and 40 inch wide original artwork is not framed. It is signed by the artist on the back of the artwork. Free local Los Angeles area delivery. Affordable Continental US and global shipping is available. A certificate of authenticity is included.
Thomas Hammer was born in 1985 and grew up in Ithaca, New York. He completed his BS at Cornell University. Hammer started his career as an interaction designer at digital agencies in New York City.
He says of his work, “I aim to create emotionally impactful works that explore the relationship between human activity, our natural surroundings, and the possibility of disaster. Though non-representational, my works are inspired by photography—particularly images of vast landscapes, outer space, and major meteorological events. My work alternates from organic and spontaneous to strictly linear and mechanical. I aim to balance these forces to create work that is chaotic, but still controlled. To me, a successful piece is viewed as a window to an imagined space rather than as a physical object.”
His works are represented by Artspace Warehouse Los Angeles and have been published in Architectural Digest. His artworks have been exhibited internationally and acquired by collectors around the world. less
- 40ʺW × 1ʺD × 66ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.