As one of the world’s most collected, significant pop artists today, Nelson De La Nuez is a born iconoclast ...
moreAs one of the world’s most collected, significant pop artists today, Nelson De La Nuez is a born iconoclast. Using his unique juxtaposition of pop culture and surrealism, blended with America’s rich culture and history, De La Nuez has created works of art that are considered timeless. Listed on the “Who’s Who List of the Most Collected Artists of Our Time,” his works are original, bold and outspoken. The artist is known for his distinctive, trademarked style called “Art on the Edge,” which is creating art on all sides of the canvas and wood.
The surface and sides of this 40 inch high by 32 inch wide artwork are covered with a smooth layer of clear, glass-like resin, which enhances the colors and adds depth. It is signed on the front and the back by the artist. The reflective sheen and polished look of the resin enhance the unique contrast to the distressed layers underneath, adding a fascinating window into the work. This painting does not require framing. It is wired and ready to hang. Limited Edition 118 out of 125. A certificate of authenticity issued by the gallery is included.
De La Nuez’s artwork is hanging in some of the most prominent, private collections of movie stars, directors, producers, comedians, corporations and art connoisseurs, as well as purchased recently for future auctions by Sotheby’s. His art has been featured on countless television shows, including: VH1: Fabulous Life of: “The Latest in Billionaire Home Décor,” “Inside Edition,” MTV “Cribs,” HGTV “Designer’s Challenge,” E! “Celebrity Favorites,” “America’s Next Top Model”, HGTV’s “Extreme Homes,” countless Bravo TV shows and “TMZ: Michael Jackson’s Final Art Purchase.” His work have been in high demand at international art shows and galleries. His works are represented by Artspace Warehouse Los Angeles.
Nelson De La Nuez was born in 1959 in Havana, Cuba and came to the US at age seven. He was raised in Glendale, CA. De La Nuez studied art history at Boston University. He sees life as a “backwards ride on a Ferris wheel while sitting in an enlightening philosophy course.” His images become performances – his characters the source of laughter and enjoyment. Nelson tries to create a new generation of art lovers, drawing upon icons and art history to entice younger minds, in turn provoking the interest of the generation above them.
De La Nuez is an innovative artist who captivates people with his outlandish juxtaposed art. He is constantly creating new, thought-provoking images, which have been collected worldwide. The L.A. Times called De La Nuez “the comedic da Vinci of our times.” His ability to use these non-related images to achieve a whole new and stimulating outlook on life has brought him many awards and published features. The artist continues to challenge himself to incorporate new and exciting ideas into his art and his style. He believes he is a success if his art inspires people to think beyond the norm. less
- 32ʺW × 1ʺD × 40ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.