Gough’s interest in the elusive quality of memory has always been an invariable interest in his art practice. Rooted ...
moreGough’s interest in the elusive quality of memory has always been an invariable interest in his art practice. Rooted in memories of his upbringing in Newfoundland, Gough’s paintings are autobiographical but carry universal narratives. In the absence of detail there is an opportunity for one’s own memories to develop. An expansive solitude and sense of isolation is met with a universal feeling of what it means to belong.
This unique 20 inch square mixed media on panel composition explores our relationship with memory and the natural world. This piece is signed by the artist on the back and is wired and ready to hang. The sides are painted and the artwork does not require framing. This artwork comes with a Certificate of Authenticity issued by the gallery.
At its core, his practice explores how our relationship with the natural world connects and defines us. Working in mixed media, he endeavors to create familiar meditative spaces that exhibit a personal journey, but simultaneously invite the viewer to insert themselves in the narrative. These paintings partially stem from a fear of memory loss as a result of experiences with Alzheimer’s in his family. Not only does the painting process exercise Gough’s memory, but the paintings themselves act as records of his experience becoming a blend of reality and idealism. They are not painted from photographs; the places are not precisely rendered and the experiences are not accurately told, but they are Gough’s authentic recollection of them. The intent of his work is to create a patchwork map of memories as a guide back to the authenticity of human feeling. less
- 20ʺW × 1ʺD × 20ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Place of Origin
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.