Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Blown up with lamp, unique piece made for alfa.brussels.
Schimmel & Schweikle is an ongoing collaboration between Janne Schimmel ... moreBlown up with lamp, unique piece made for alfa.brussels.
Schimmel & Schweikle is an ongoing collaboration between Janne Schimmel and Moreno Schweikle. Their work revolves around the nexus of technology, art and culture. In that realm Schimmel & Schweikle focus on developing concepts that deal with the closing gap of the digital and physical realm.
In their latest ´CrossFit ´ collection they use 3d modeling software to unite opposite forms of expression into non confirmatory objects. The strict lines of the modern-style furniture that the pieces are based on is emphasized by a shiny, lacquer-like finish achieved by coating the pieces in car paint, while the blob-like upholstery additions are finished in a soft artificial fur.
Each piece is the result of a digital modelling experiment, which the designers have translated into a real object. The two chairs in Schimmel & Schweikle’s CrossFit series combine archetypal, Minimalist furniture designs with organic shapes, “morphing” them together to create new forms. Resulting in a dualistic form of expression that challenges the need for an uncontaminated narrative.The third piece in the collection features a standard desktop computer combined with green, fur pillows, and is intended to sit on the floor of a living room. The way the computer has become so intertwined with our lives cannot be ignored. That’s why the ´CrossFit Computer ´ pulls itself from the dark desk corners where it usually lives and gives itself the more prominent role it deserves in our households. In a way it is a token to the design mythology of the designers who always aims to investigate the role the digital world plays in our everyday lives. less
- 37.41ʺW × 31.5ʺD × 50.79ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- New New less
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 15.36 inches
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.