Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
On a very basic level this Chichi rug from the eastern Caucuses is a classic example of its type. The ...
moreOn a very basic level this Chichi rug from the eastern Caucuses is a classic example of its type. The main border is composed of the repeating stylized rosettes and diagonally oriented cartouches that define this Caucasian genre. Similarly, the field traces miniature renditions of the hooked ‘Memling gul’ motif colorfully drawn against a deep indigo ground. This field motif is indeed used by the majority of Chichi rugs. However, what quickly becomes apparent, even at first glance, is the superior quality of materials and rendition of design seen in this example. Unlike the vast majority of Chichi pieces, however, this remarkable weaving is not a simple scatter rug. The longer proportions of this piece transform the scale of design allowing for a remarkable organic flow of pattern from bottom to top with a consistent tempo but subtle varied pacing of spacing and color. Using the softest wool encountered in Caucasian rugs of any group, this is a tactile masterpiece enriched by soft but saturated natural color.
Being sold on behalf of Mr. Perter Tillou less
- 4′1″ × 7′9″ and 1.0″ thick
- 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Some loss to macrame ends, some selvedge re-wrapping, small slit and small area of re-knotting Some loss to macrame ends, some selvedge re-wrapping, small slit and small area of re-knotting less
- Place of Origin
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.