Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This piece, frankly, is outside of what we typically handle. However, when we saw it in the course of buying ...
moreThis piece, frankly, is outside of what we typically handle. However, when we saw it in the course of buying some classic mid-century furniture we were awestruck with it's beauty and terrific large scale.
The screen has eight panels with brass feet. The front features a classic highly detailed village scene with figures in pavilions bordered by a pattern of cranes and flowers and scholar's objects or antiques framing the scene on three sides, while the back shows a nature scene of five white cranes by a flowing river with a thin floral border. The finely carved lacquer is absolutely captivating in it's delicacy and detail. We have provided a few detail photos, but to run your eyes over the surface of the screen taking in all the subtle colors, line work, and range of mark-making is a pure delight. We believe the screen dates to the early to mid-20th century, but it could be older. The lacquer and gesso exhibits crazing and patination, which if not antique, has a wonderful variegation. less
- 126ʺW × 0.75ʺD × 84ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good original vintage condition with typical wear and small losses scattered on the edges of most of the panels. Good original vintage condition with typical wear and small losses scattered on the edges of most of the panels. less
- Place of Origin
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.