Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This piece, frankly, is outside of what we typically handle. However, when we saw it in the course of buying ...
moreThis piece, frankly, is outside of what we typically handle. However, when we saw it in the course of buying some classic mid-century furniture we were awestruck with it's beauty and terrific large scale.
The screen has eight panels with brass feet. The front features a classic highly detailed village scene with figures in pavilions bordered by a pattern of cranes and flowers and scholar's objects or antiques framing the scene on three sides, while the back shows a nature scene of five white cranes by a flowing river with a thin floral border. The finely carved lacquer is absolutely captivating in it's delicacy and detail. We have provided a few detail photos, but to run your eyes over the surface of the screen taking in all the subtle colors, line work, and range of mark-making is a pure delight. We believe the screen dates to the early to mid-20th century, but it could be older. The lacquer and gesso exhibits crazing and patination, which if not antique, has a wonderful variegation. less
- 126ʺW × 0.75ʺD × 84ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good original vintage condition with typical wear and small losses scattered on the edges of most of the panels. Good original vintage condition with typical wear and small losses scattered on the edges of most of the panels. less
- Place of Origin
- Asian Screens and Room Dividers
- Wood Screens and Room Dividers
- Chinese Screens and Room Dividers
- Gold Screens and Room Dividers
- Lacquer Screens and Room Dividers
- Brass Screens and Room Dividers
- Metal Screens and Room Dividers
- Paint Screens and Room Dividers
- Screens and Room Dividers in Chicago
- White Screens and Room Dividers
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.