PRESENTING a really RARE and UNIQUE ancient piece, namely, a 17C Iron Horse Door Knocker.
We are of the opinion ... morePRESENTING a really RARE and UNIQUE ancient piece, namely, a 17C Iron Horse Door Knocker.
We are of the opinion that this was made in the 17th Century (or earlier) due to the design, method of manufacture and natural patina. Possibly circa 1600-50.
We are of the opinion that this was made in the Colonial US by a skilled early American craftsman.
It looks very similar in shape and design to Greco-Roman depictions of horses.
The horse has a full mane and indentations to simulate hair on its body. It has it’s full tail and is perfectly intact in ORIGINAL condition.
It attaches to a door by virtue of a ring and pin. The pin is clearly of 17th Century or earlier conmstruction.
The horse’s front feet rest on an iron button with is then used for knocking by banging the horse gently on the metal button. The button has an iron rosette for attaching to a door.
The knocker is mounted on a block of plain wood for display.
THIS TRULY IS A UNIQUE PIECE … WE HAVE NEVER SEEN ANOTHER !
Provenance: From a Private Collection from New England. less
- 7ʺW × 2ʺD × 4.5ʺH
- 17th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Near Mint. Near Mint. less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.