An original Folly Cove designers hand block printed textile, in the Head of the Cove pattern designed by Louise Kenyon ...
moreAn original Folly Cove designers hand block printed textile, in the Head of the Cove pattern designed by Louise Kenyon, circa 1945, in red on cream colored cotton.
New museum quality framing. Archivally mounted (hand sewn), on an acid free linen matte, with custom white wash finished ash frame and UV-resistant glass.
The Folly Cove designers were founded in Gloucester, Massachusetts by Virginia Lee Burton, the celebrated children's book author and illustrator who wrote "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel," "The Little House" and "Mabel the Cable Car," among other classics, which have never gone out of print. After drawing a design which was then approved by a jury of Folly Cove Designers, linoleum blocks were hand carved and then hand printed using a giant Acorn press. The group achieved great success and sold their prints nationwide, but always preferred to stay small. Production of these textiles ceased in 1968 when Virginia Lee Burton died. Examples of their work are in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and the Cape Ann Museum, Gloucester, MA, among other museums and collections, public and private. less
- 16.63ʺW × 1ʺD × 22.38ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Design Modified, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good condition. Good condition. less
- Folly Cove Designers
- Folly Cove Designers
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.