Elegant Moroccan caftan lime green and gold lame metallic floral brocade,
This is an exceptional example of Moroccan fashion design ... moreElegant Moroccan caftan lime green and gold lame metallic floral brocade,
This is an exceptional example of Moroccan fashion design dating to the 1970s,
Handcrafted in Morocco and tailored for a relaxed fit with wide sleeves, It is made in the traditional form of a Moroccan caftan using metallic brocade fabric. It is trimmed in handcrafted “passementerie”. The neckline does up with ball shaped buttons and loops.
The body of the garment is loose fitting and flares to the bottom.
The sleeves are somewhat bell shaped with an open cuff that does up with metallic gold buttons. The fabric is a rich looking metallic thread blend brocade.
This long maxi dress kaftan is embroidered and embellished entirely by hand with detailing around neckline, shoulders and cuffs.
One of a kind evening Moroccan Middle Eastern gown.
The kaftan features a traditional neckline, embellished sleeves.
It is a slip on, the button does not open.
In Morocco, fashion preserves its traditional style inherited from great civilizations that found their way to Northwest Africa, such as the ottomans and the moors. Moroccan fashion has been recognized for its style and has garnered a reputation, winning awards in international fashion shows throughout Europe. Marrakech Bohemian, Yves Saint Laurent style.
Sizing: No size is indicated, but, being a loose fitting garment, this should fit a range of medium to large sizes - please rely on the following measurements for fit:
Shoulders: 15” across
Bust: 42” around
Waist: 44” around
Hips: 50” around
Hemline: 58” around
Length: 59”, measured flat
Condition: It is in very good condition with no wear, tear, stains or odors -
this caftan looks like it saw little use and was well stored over the years.
This is a beautiful example of 70s Moroccan fashion design - only now becoming more appreciated and sure to increase in value!
Women's long flare bell sleeves Islamic dress floor length, medieval Gothic Renaissance style. less
- 15ʺW × 59ʺD × 0.05ʺH
- Late 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use. Good
Wear consistent with age and use. less
- Moroccan Artist
- Place of Origin
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.