Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Maurice Dufrene designed this carpet for the famed studio La Maitrise of Les Galeries Lafayette in Paris in 1922, just ...
moreMaurice Dufrene designed this carpet for the famed studio La Maitrise of Les Galeries Lafayette in Paris in 1922, just as he became the director of the studio. His imaginative work and emphasis on originality (rather than trends) would later make him one of the leaders of the Art Deco movement in furniture around the world. Because of his insistence on individuality, he made a point to sign and date his pieces, such as this artful carpet. It’s is one of the first pieces he ever designed during his time with La Maitrise, heralding in a prolific period of production. This rug has been cleaned and completely restored by a professional.
Crafted from handspun wool, the carpet displays a mystical scene of flowers and leaves, intertwined and almost lost among abstract swirls and flourishes. Color palette of this rug is nothing short of elegant, resulting in a perfectly balanced composition. Pastel colors like lilac, white yellow, and coral, lend a gentle and inspiring feel to the design. The carpet would make a stunning, museum-quality piece of wall art, full of important Art Deco history and demonstrating a masterful combination of skill and creativity. less
- 5′ × 7′7″ and 0.4″ thick
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- This rug has been cleaned and completely restored by a professional. This rug has been cleaned and completely restored by a professional. less
- Art Deco
- Maurice Dufrène
- La Maitrise
- Maurice Dufrène
- Place of Origin
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.