Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Maurice Dufrene designed this carpet for the famed studio La Maitrise of Les Galeries Lafayette in Paris in 1922, just ...
moreMaurice Dufrene designed this carpet for the famed studio La Maitrise of Les Galeries Lafayette in Paris in 1922, just as he became the director of the studio. His imaginative work and emphasis on originality (rather than trends) would later make him one of the leaders of the Art Deco movement in furniture around the world. Because of his insistence on individuality, he made a point to sign and date his pieces, such as this artful carpet. It’s is one of the first pieces he ever designed during his time with La Maitrise, heralding in a prolific period of production. This rug has been cleaned and completely restored by a professional.
Crafted from handspun wool, the carpet displays a mystical scene of flowers and leaves, intertwined and almost lost among abstract swirls and flourishes. Color palette of this rug is nothing short of elegant, resulting in a perfectly balanced composition. Pastel colors like lilac, white yellow, and coral, lend a gentle and inspiring feel to the design. The carpet would make a stunning, museum-quality piece of wall art, full of important Art Deco history and demonstrating a masterful combination of skill and creativity. less
- 5′ × 7′7″ and 0.4″ thick
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- This rug has been cleaned and completely restored by a professional. This rug has been cleaned and completely restored by a professional. less
- Art Deco
- Maurice Dufrène
- La Maitrise
- Maurice Dufrène
- Place of Origin
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.