Acrylic on Canvas. Signed On Back, Wired To Hang, Sides Are Painted.
Born in the mountains north of Tokyo ... moreAcrylic on Canvas. Signed On Back, Wired To Hang, Sides Are Painted.
Born in the mountains north of Tokyo in Gumma Prefecture, Japan, Kiyoshi Otsuka studied in Paris at the Académie de la Grande Chaumière. Stimulated by the encouragement of Akiyama, a sculptor friend and mentor, Otsuka moved to New York and enrolled at the Art Student’s League. There, he studied with Knox Martin. Recently he has worked in his studio at Arts Westchester landmark building in White Plains. His work has been exhibited in galleries in New York, London, Pennsylvania and Japan. Otsuka’s paintings are included in private collections in New York, Washington D.C., Rio, Tokyo, and Paris.
My acrylic abstractions develop directly from experience of the landscape. I grew up in the mountains in Gunma Prefecture, Japan. And I have worked in Propagation for The New York Botanical Garden, Bronx, NY which has been a pivotal influence. The organic forms of roots and trees, shrubs and flowers, water and weather provide inspiration. Water is the elemental aspect/concept of my work. Water provides nourishment through roots, and the intensity of roots energy is powerful. I aim to express this power through my paintings. Water is my medium with acrylic paint. And a liquidity is often evident in some of my very abstract pieces. I recycle my own “ancient” paintings and these layers of experience meet with the immediate act of painting to accomplish deep color and space, and a tangible impression of natural form. I work with both a black and white as well as colorful palette to explore nature in an abstract arena. The images I present here speak to the beauty, intensity, and mystery of nature and our deep connection to its ever evolving and transformative power. less
- 66ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 54ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Kiyoshi Otsuka
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.