Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
1851 Handwoven Antique Sallandrouze Aubusson Rug, exceptional condition & signed
Dated 1851 & signed "SALLANDROUZE"
Dimensions: 522cm x ... more1851 Handwoven Antique Sallandrouze Aubusson Rug, exceptional condition & signed
Dated 1851 & signed "SALLANDROUZE"
Dimensions: 522cm x 505cm / 17.1 x 16.6 ft
The chestnut brown field with a central ice-blue roundel containing a delicate floral wreath issuing ribboned floral bouquets, the rose-pink quarter panels containing similar floral bouquets, in a chestnut-brown border with celadon green cartouche panels containing floral bouquets, between a moulded frame and rose-pink scrolling acanthus minor stripes.
Sallandrouze refers to the carpet firm at Aubusson founded and run by the Sallandrouze de la Mornaix family. Jean Sallandrouze de la Mornaix (1762-1826) established workshops in Paris and Aubusson, weaving both pile and flatwoven carpets, in the late 18th century. With the fall of the first Empire in 1815, the Paris enterprise was closed. Under the direction of Jean's son Jean-Charles Sallandrouze de la Mornaix (1808-1867) the company flourished at Aubusson until political upheavals caused its demise in 1871, please see Sherrill, Sarah B., Carpets and Rugs of Europe and America, New York 1996, pp. 106-108. The rococo-revival style of the carpet offered here was very popular during the Second Empire and was created at a time when the Sallandrouze workshops were at their peak of production. less
- 16′7″ × 17′2″ and 0.2″ thick
- 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- This rug is in perfect condition without restoration, vivid original colour. This rug is in perfect condition without restoration, vivid original colour. less
- Place of Origin
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.