After artist René Magritte (1923) and woven by Axminster, Ege, Scandinavia is known for their Rya and Rollakan Scandinavian rugs ...
moreAfter artist René Magritte (1923) and woven by Axminster, Ege, Scandinavia is known for their Rya and Rollakan Scandinavian rugs. Named after a town in southwest Sweden, Rya Swedish rugs date back to the 16th century. At first the rugs were made in solid colors, featuring black, grey, white and yellow but as time passed geometric shapes and floral designs were introduced. Used by nobility as bedding and a display of social standing, Rya Swedish rugs were often displayed as tapestries and exhibited as family heirlooms. Rollakan rugs are distinctive Scandinavian folk weavings that are flat woven tapestry rugs. In recent months we have seen a tremendous increase in the demand for Mid-Century rugs and for vintage rugs from Scandinavia especially. Vintage Scandinavian Rugs work well as transitional pieces by adding an Art Deco feel and look which goes hand in hand with the current interior design trends. The shift towards Mid-Century Modern decors has surely done wonders for the prices of Scandinavian rugs and they are finally being recognized for the great work of art that they truly are. Scandinavian rugs can be found in both flat weaves as well as piled carpets. Below you will find a vintage rug selection from Scandinavia.
Prices for good Scandinavian rugs has been increasing tremendously. The recent spike in interest in Mid-Century Modern interiors has rejuvenated the demand for rugs and carpets from Scandinavia in a big way. The Scandinavia rugs are truly great works of art and are appreciated by many collectors, designers and consumers from all-over the world. The great example of Scandinavian rugs have struck a chord with people who are looking for something different, more modernist and, in some cases, nostalgic. less
- 4′7″ × 6′7″ and 0.5″ thick
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
This piece is in excellent condition with good pile throughout. Excellent
This piece is in excellent condition with good pile throughout. less
- Ege Rya
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.