Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Vintage Scandinavian Swedish rug, Sweden, mid-20th century. Here is a beautiful, elegant vintage Scandinavian rug, a graceful runner length piece, ... moreVintage Scandinavian Swedish rug, Sweden, mid-20th century. Here is a beautiful, elegant vintage Scandinavian rug, a graceful runner length piece, woven in the mid-20th century by the widely-admired carpet makers of Sweden. This runner length rug, approximately eight feet from top to bottom, is primarily characterized by the alternating horizontal stripes of soft blue and dark blue that run through almost the entirety of the piece. A deceptively simple structure, this series of stripes is ingeniously framed by a running strip of inward-facing triangular elements, rendered in a shade of black that contrasts intriguingly with the more free-spirited tones of blue. In addition to being framed by these strong triangular figures, the blue-striped field is also bounded on the top and the bottom, here by horizontal bars of a soft shade of periwinkle. These bars, alone in the piece for their unique coloration, brilliantly frame the beginning and ending of the field, infusing it with an intriguing energy. The same can be said of the upper-most and bottom-most horizontal elements, as well, as of the vertical borders on the extreme left and right of the piece, which are characterized by a fascinating zebra pattern of black and white stripes. A dazzling carpet infused with whimsy and quietude, this is a dynamic composition. less
- 3′ × 8′ and 0.5″ thick
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
- Place of Origin
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.