Vintage Scandinavian rug, Sweden, circa mid-20th century, here is a charming Mid-Century Modern Scandinavian rug, a Swedish composition featuring a ... moreVintage Scandinavian rug, Sweden, circa mid-20th century, here is a charming Mid-Century Modern Scandinavian rug, a Swedish composition featuring a representative modern design which borders on the abstract. Upon first glance, the composition of this rug seems to be rather straightforward, concentric yellow rectangles, occasionally interrupted by bold black marks, with a line of blue running vertically through the center. However, there is a great deal more to this rug than first impressions might suggest: For despite the simplicity of its arrangement, this is a dynamic and exciting carpet, and a piece that becomes more intriguing the more tine one spends admiring it. For instance, the subtle shift in tone that occurs in the upper portion and lower portion of the piece creates an infusion of energy that guides the eye toward the borders, where a further dynamic shift occurs. For while most of this fetching Mid-Century Swedish is one shade of yellow or another, the borders are rather different indeed, with the horizontal borders consisting of a black and white diagonal pattern, not dissimilar to zebra stripes and the vertical borders cons isting of tight, horizontal black and white stripes, which are so closely woven together that they appear almost as one grey mass when viewed from a distance. The black triangular figures that line the inside of each vertical border also infuse the rug with additional energy, moving the eye toward the center, toward the line of stacked blue rectangles. All in all, this an exciting Mid-Century Scandinavian rug with a dynamic and enduringly appealing composition. less
- 5′5″ × 7′9″ and 0.5″ thick
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.