Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Beautiful vintage Marianne Richter designed Scandinavian rug for Marta Maas, country of origin / rug type: Scandinavia rug, date circa mid ...
moreBeautiful vintage Marianne Richter designed Scandinavian rug for Marta Maas, country of origin / rug type: Scandinavia rug, date circa mid–20th century
This beautiful vintage midcentury Marta Maas rug is a unique masterpiece with modern vibes that was created by the iconic textile designer Marianne Richter.
This beautiful midcentury Scandinavian rug boasts intricate rectangular structures which are rendered in contrasting hues of pinks, purples, ivory and sandy colors. These larger rectangular designs of the border and field accentuate the lighter smaller design patterns that are sandwiched between the border and inner rectangle of the field
The outer most part of the border of the vintage midcentury carpet is comprised by a very thin strand of solid mauve or pink. Next to this tiny edge border, we see a thicker strip of precisely uniform narrow rectangles in varying colors purple / pink based colors.
Next we come to the more intricately design inner guard border. This border is placed up against the rectangular strips. Its dazzling white background and pink and purple / mauve toned mesh design pattern really pop to create a very soothing and happy artistic impact.
The core of the design of this magnificent vintage Scandinavian Marta Maas rug is the rectangle design. This recurring theme exudes and exemplifies the true feel of the Mid-Century Modern artistic movement.
The skillful contrast between the uniform rectangular figures connected by thin lines, stands out from the background pattern of vividly saturated color tones. The resulting visual impression is not unlike that of a stained-glass window, whereby the rich darker colors of the background are perceived through pastel panes.
This stunning vintage Scandinavian Marta Maas rug is a work of complex beauty. The brilliance of its creator is proved by the brilliantly contrasting colors and curious designs. This flat-woven Kilim rug is a work of refined beauty that will add distinctly Mid-Century Modern design feel and majestic vibes to any room’s interior design setting. less
- 5′10″ × 8′ and 0.5″ thick
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
- Marianne Richter
- Place of Origin
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.