Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Vintage Swedish runner rug by A. Österberg, origin: Sweden, circa mid-20th century. Here is a beautiful and unique vintage rug, ... moreVintage Swedish runner rug by A. Österberg, origin: Sweden, circa mid-20th century. Here is a beautiful and unique vintage rug, a runner length piece featuring a design by the mid-20th century Swedish designer A. Osterberg. Scandinavian carpets and especially Mid-Century Swedish carpets have enjoyed an enormous surge in popularity in recent years, finding themselves the beneficiaries of a renewed interest in Mid-Century Modern aesthetics. This particular example, with its highly abstract, geometric composition is a brilliant example of the aesthetic values of the Mid-Century movement, which put special emphasis on clean lines and understatedness. At the same time, this carpet also features an especially bright color pallet of spring pastels, ranging from shades of pink and purple to hues of greens and blues. Large square and triangular figures are arranged in an intriguing manner throughout the long vertical space of this rug, directing the eyes inwards, outwards, up, and down, giving this Scandinavian rug a powerful inherent energy. Between its dynamic composition and its whimsical color pallet, this vintage Swedish rug is an excellent example of a Popular Style. Sure to bring sophistication and uncoupled energy to any space, this runner is an exciting modern work. less
- 6′7″ × 23′ and 0.5″ thick
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good Good less
- Mid-Century Modern
- Place of Origin
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.