Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Vintage Scandinavian EGE Art Line rug, Origin: Scandinavia, circa 1988– Here is an exciting and dynamic vintage carpet – an ... moreVintage Scandinavian EGE Art Line rug, Origin: Scandinavia, circa 1988– Here is an exciting and dynamic vintage carpet – an Ege Art Rug that was woven in Scandinavia after an original 1925 composition by Paul Klee titled "Fischbild." Klee was one of the most important and influential artists of the twentieth century, renowned for his distinct style, Paul Klee was an important Pioneer in some of the most important developments in midcentury art, including surrealism, cubism, and abstract expressionism. This wonderful Ege art rug beautifully captures Klee’s unique and immediately recognizable style. The first thing that one notices about this rug is its deeply soothing pallet of soft blues, which are presented in a sort of gradient pattern. Within the center of this gradient, a simple arrangement of figures is presented in an asymmetric pattern. A closer look shows that these irregular figures are actually simple drawings of fish, and perhaps a tangle of seaweed. There is certainly an energy and dynamism being exhibited by these figures, which are positioned at Stark angles to one another. Perhaps what is most notable about this composition is how so much is communicated by so little. less
- 4′7″ × 6′7″ and 0.5″ thick
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
- Ege Rya
- Place of Origin
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.