Antique Tabriz rugs are distinguished by their excellent weave and by their remarkable adherence to the classical traditions of antique ...
moreAntique Tabriz rugs are distinguished by their excellent weave and by their remarkable adherence to the classical traditions of antique Persian rug design. But they cannot be distinguished by any particular pattern or by their coloration. The city of Tabriz, in northwest Iran / Persia , was the earliest capital of the Safavid dynasty, and it can claim to have been a center of carpet production longer than any other city in Iran. Consequently, it is not surprising that the carpets woven there have been able to preserve the highest technical standards and the most varied repertoire. Antique Tabriz rugs offer classical medallion designs and a host of allover patterns as well in every color imaginable, from brilliant rich tones to soft pastels. What sets them apart from other Persian rugs is their quality.
Tabriz is the capital of Azerbaijan, a province in the north of Iran. It has survived repeated destruction by numerous earthquakes and invasions by the Mongols, Tamerlane, Ottomans and Afghans, as well as two Russian occupations. During the late 19th century three Persian master-weavers, Haji Jalili, Sheik Safi and Kurban Dai contributed to Tabriz’s revival and Tabriz rug merchants began exporting Persian antique rugs to Western markets on a large scale. There is no traditional color scheme and the variety of color is limitless, ranging from rich jewel tones to subtle pastels. Tabriz rugs are precisely drawn and executed with care making them extremely popular among designers. less
- 5′ × 6′10″ and 0.5″ thick
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use. Excellent
Wear consistent with age and use. less
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.