Magnificent and extremely fine antique Persian Court Pictorial Kerman rug, country of origin / rug type: Persian rug, date circa 1880 ...
moreMagnificent and extremely fine antique Persian Court Pictorial Kerman rug, country of origin / rug type: Persian rug, date circa 1880. It is not difficult to imagine yourself in this scene from the court of one of the rulers of the great Persian Empire. This fascinating 19th century Persian Kerman rug is the product of a Persian master rug weaver who made sure to pay attention to even the smallest of details.
In this extremely fine pictorial rug, the ruling king sits in the center of the Persian rug with his advisers and staff at his side. The hunting scene border is comprised of Safavid soldiers on horses who are in the midst of the chance. These beautifully rendered soldiers, that are charging around the borders, seem to also have the job of protecting the delicacies of court life in the central design.
Court life was an important subject for painters, rug weavers and is a recognizable subject that we see in other types of textiles and art forms. Many of the court life scenes depict an important moment in the history and / or life of that specific ruler.
The two navy blue guard borders contain trees and other elements of the natural world. The trees and wavy vine scrolls in the guard borders of this breathtaking Persian court pictorial Kerman rug, are used to introduce a feel of symmetry and balance since this beautiful art rug is not symmetrical at all.
The color palette is simple but combines in such a way to provide exquisite detail and depth to the pictorial elements. The artist used shading to make the details of the figures stand out. Such as the shading that indicates pleats on the garments that the advisers are wearing.
This antique Persian Court pictorial Kerman rug stands out as a unique piece of textile art. It is the kind of piece that deserves a special place in the home or office.
This takes away the imagination gives you a glimpse of Persian court life. It will add the same opulence and grandeur to any space where you choose to place it.
It is a piece of Persian Oriental rug history that anyone would be proud to own and cherish. While this piece could be used as a antique Tapestry rug, it could just as easily be used as a magnificently decorative area rug for the floor. less
- 4′8″ × 7′6″ and 0.5″ thick
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use. Excellent
Wear consistent with age and use. less
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.