Vintage Cotton Italian Dinner Textile by Josef Frank, Scandinavia, circa Mid-Twentieth Century – Here is a unique and intriguing vintage carpet ...
moreVintage Cotton Italian Dinner Textile by Josef Frank, Scandinavia, circa Mid-Twentieth Century – Here is a unique and intriguing vintage carpet – a cotton Italian dinner textile, featuring a bright and colorful design by legendary Swedish designer and artist Josef Frank. An Austrian emigre to Sweden, Josef Frank is renowned as one of the most influential designers of the twentieth century, especially in mid-century aesthetics. An architect by formal training, Frank is responsible for much of the thinking behind certain trends in mid-century home construction. Like many of his peers, Frank celebrated functional forms, a concept that is evident in his architecture as well in his other works – such as this harming Italian dinner textile. An exciting work, this piece features the sort of design that makes Italian dinner textiles so unique: a fun and boisterous depiction of traditional Italian ingredients in their natural habitat. Here, a pair of fecund trees overflowing with tomatoes, peppers, grapes and spices are situated on a pair of narrow islands that rest in a river of purple that is rich with fruit of the sea: fish, octopus, mussels and lobster. The design beautifully communicates the Italian dinner concept in an effortless manner, while maintaining a unique quality. A beautiful work, this mid-century Italian dinner textile by Josef Frank is an intriguing and alluring example. An exciting work, this vintage piece features the sort of design that makes Italian dinner textiles so unique: a fun and boisterous depiction of traditional Italian ingredients in their natural habitat.
Size: 4 ft 1 in x 2 ft 5 in (1.24 m x 0.74 m)
Style: Scandinavian Rugs less
- 2′6″ × 4′1″ and 0.5″ thick
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Unknown, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Overall good condition, please contact dealer for further condition details. Overall good condition, please contact dealer for further condition details. less
- Josef Frank
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.