Pair of New Hope-Style walnut bar stools manufactured by David Scott in 1982. While Scott remains a noted name in ...
morePair of New Hope-Style walnut bar stools manufactured by David Scott in 1982. While Scott remains a noted name in woodworking today, these early, scarce examples are uniquely stylish in their minimal, modernist form, while retaining their practical, utilitarian function. Sculpted, dense, triangular seats atop spindle foot rests and splayed legs with carved foot detail. Foot rests are connected to the legs with circular dowel joints in rosewood, an expert technique revealing the skill involved.
Small edge-fills are original to the stools; lightly refinished condition, maintaining the original color.
Signed and dated to reverse.
H (to front edge): 29.25"
H (to back edge): 29.75"
Seat length: 16.25"
Seat depth: 12.25". less
- 20.75ʺW × 17ʺD × 29.25ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Minor wear consistent with age / use Minor wear consistent with age / use less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Seat Height
- 29.25 inches
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.