Philippe Marchand -Three faces of Women-Fabulous 1960s Cubist Oil painting
oil painting on canvas -signed
frame size 32 ... morePhilippe Marchand -Three faces of Women-Fabulous 1960s Cubist Oil painting
oil painting on canvas -signed
frame size 32 x 38"
canvas size 23 x 30"
Philippe Marchand was best known as a still-life painter in a post Cubist style but he also produced street scenes - particularly in the Montmartre district in Paris - and portraits. His influences were diverse so apart from the homage to Picasso in his still-life work, Impressionism and even a bit of Surrealism can be discerned and he greatly admired Modigliani, Braque and Cézanne.He was a student at L'Académie des Beaux-Arts in Paris in the 1950's and augmented his formal training with spending long periods of time in the Louvre where he studied the techniques of the great masters and made copies of their works to understand the process involved.He would often combine elements of different periods and styles in one work and was adept in both classical and more abstract styles. He became popular in his native France as the latter part of the 20th century unfolded, exhibiting regularly in Paris and subsequently in New York, but he continued to show his work in French exhibitions throughout his life.In 1965, Philippe Marchand, a book containing forty coloured plates with text in English, French and Italian, was published by Fine Arts Press. less
- 32ʺW × 2ʺD × 38ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.