This exquisite crystal bowl with its richly detailed pâte de verre base was handcrafted by Daum's celebrated artisans in Nancy ... moreThis exquisite crystal bowl with its richly detailed pâte de verre base was handcrafted by Daum's celebrated artisans in Nancy, France. Daum, founded in 1878, is the only commercial glass manufacturer to still employ the labor-intensive pâte de verre technique. Developed by the ancient Egyptians, pâte de verre is a form of kiln casting in which finely crushed glass powder is packed into a mold and then fired. Highly refined tonalities and depth of color are achieved by the subtle blending of different glass powders. The richly hued base of this piece exemplifies the range of effects which can be accomplished with this technique. Depicting the branch of a tree, the base of the bowl features delicately defined leaves and buds that project off of a central branch. The branch is a deep blue which subtly ombres to a rich amber color at the tip of the leaves. A single amber butterfly rests on a leaf at the front of the base. A perfect addition to any tabletop or etagere, this bowl is in excellent condition and retains its original "Daum France" label. The piece comes with the original Daum box. France, 20th century. Dimensions: 6.5" height x 7.25" diameter. less
- 7.25ʺW × 7.25ʺD × 6ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
- Daum Nancy
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.