Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
A pair of Tripod chairs (“Dreibeinstuhl”) by Max Bill designed in 1949, produced by Swiss manufacturer AG Möbelfabrik Horgenglarus. This ... moreA pair of Tripod chairs (“Dreibeinstuhl”) by Max Bill designed in 1949, produced by Swiss manufacturer AG Möbelfabrik Horgenglarus. This design is based on an equilateral triangle, in line with Bill’s interest in the laws of geometry and nature. Bill studied at the Bauhaus Dessau under László Moholy-Nagy, Josef Albers and Wassily Kandinsky during a time that the school was heavily focused on the integration of design and industry. This influence, along with a general sense of social responsibility, carries through Bill’s extensive body of work that includes architecture, sculpture, painting, industrial and graphic design, and written theory. To Bill, the “valid” final form of an object had to be the result of all functions; and this included formal and aesthetic functions. The Tripod chair embodies this principle as a functional, everyday object that is equally graceful and sculptural as it is economical, being made out of the industrial beech plywood. The Tripod chair is part of the permanent collection at MoMA. less
- 17ʺW × 20ʺD × 30ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- In good, original condition, wear commensurate with age and use. In good, original condition, wear commensurate with age and use. less
- Max Bill
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 17.0 inches
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.