This product is no longer available.
This early 20th-century terracotta garden stool was created in Pingyao, an ancient, respected city in China's Shanxi province. With a ... moreThis early 20th-century terracotta garden stool was created in Pingyao, an ancient, respected city in China's Shanxi province. With a history dating as far back as c. 800 B.C., Pingyao is widely known for its well-preserved Ming- and Qing-dynasty architecture. This garden stool keeps with the city's practice of honoring traditional forms with its simple drum-form shape. Ringing both its top and bottom, a pattern of boss-head nails imitates those used to stretch a skin on an actual drum, and two eternal coin cutouts perforate the sides, symbols of prosperity. Traditionally used as a place to rest one's feet, a stool like is perfect as a garden seat or a small side table indoors or out. less
- 13.5ʺW × 13.5ʺD × 21.5ʺH
- Early 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good condition, wear consistent with age and use. Good condition, wear consistent with age and use. less
- Place of Origin
- Terra Cotta
- Seat Height
- 21.5 inches
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.