Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Rug after Albert Gleizes (France, 1881-1953)
Hand knotted wool rug
Manufacture by Boccara
8 editions in total ... moreRug after Albert Gleizes (France, 1881-1953)
Hand knotted wool rug
Manufacture by Boccara
8 editions in total
Dimensions: 415 x 270 cm; 163.4 x 106.3 in
Customers who would like to customise this rug can choose from the following options:
- Materials: wool or silk; wool and silk
- Colours: upon request
This Boccara rug has been woven from Albert Gleizes’ work:
Composition, 1924, oil on canvas, 103 x 63 cm.
References: Albert Gleizes Catalogue Raisonné, Somogy éditions d’Art, 1998; p. 329 vol I
About Albert Gleizes
In rejecting what he perceived as Picasso’s and Braque’s “Impressionism of form” and dissection of the subject, Gleizes embraced a style that attempted to capture the subject in its absolute order and truth. With its broad, overlapping planes of brilliant color, Peinture à Trois Elements embodies the second synthetic phase of Cubism.
During the 1920s Gleizes works are a bridge between figuration and abstraction. With ample opportunity to observe and study his subject, Gleizes worked through these studies to resolve the compositional harmony of the painting, inflecting an otherwise staid genre with a circular rhythm. Gleizes experienced increasing frustration toward the end of the 1910s as the avant-garde embraced Dada, an anarchic enterprise that ran counter to his quest for social values in art. He began to focus increasingly on the compositional harmonies of his subjects in the belief that rhythmic harmonies were more universal and hence superior to subjective responses.
Cubism, with its new geometry, its dynamism and multiple view-point perspective, not only represented a departure from Euclid's model, but it achieved, according to Gleizes and Metzinger, a better representation of the real world: one that was mobile and changing in time. For Gleizes, Cubism represented a "normal evolution of an art that was mobile like life itself.". less
- 8′10″ × 13′7″ and 1.0″ thick
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- This rug is in perfect condition without restoration, vivid original colours. This rug is in perfect condition without restoration, vivid original colours. less
- Place of Origin
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.