Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
A very important and rare complete Art Nouveau dining room set, table and eight chairs, designed by the architect Ernesto ...
moreA very important and rare complete Art Nouveau dining room set, table and eight chairs, designed by the architect Ernesto Basile and manufactured by Ducrot Furniture, circa 1899 - 1909.
The extendable table and the eight chairs are in good condition.
A small metal plaque with the inscription Ducrot - Milano - Roma - Napoli - Palermo is fixed on the side of the table.
Measurements: Chairs - W 17.5 x D 18.5 x H 39 inches, seat height 19.5 inches, seat depth 17 inches.
Dining table W 51 x D 51 x H 31 inches with two extensions of 17.75 x 51 inches.
As the photo gallery is limited to 20 images, please request additional images.
The table and the chairs are pictured in a photo of the dining room of Ernesto Basiles own private home, Villino Ida Basile in Palermo, built between 1903 and 1904. The plan of the house is based around the dinning room positioned in the center, the heart of the home, symbolizing the nucleus that holds and brings the family together.
Ernesto Basile (1857-1932) was an Italian architect and an exponent of modernism and Art Nouveau. He became well-known because of his stylistic fusion of ancient, medieval and modern elements. He was one of the pioneers of Art Nouveau / Liberty Movement in Italy.
Between 1899-1909 Basile started a collaboration with Vittorio Ducrot, for whom he created different furniture. His villa was decorated with furnishings created as prototypes for the future Ducrot collections. less
- 17.5ʺW × 18.5ʺD × 39ʺH
- Early 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Very good condition
Wear consistent with age and use. Good
Very good condition
Wear consistent with age and use. less
- Art Nouveau
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 19.5 inches
- Table Base
- Table Shape
- Other (unique shapes)
- Number of Leaves
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.