Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
A very important and rare complete Art Nouveau dining room set, table and eight chairs, designed by the architect Ernesto ...
moreA very important and rare complete Art Nouveau dining room set, table and eight chairs, designed by the architect Ernesto Basile and manufactured by Ducrot Furniture, circa 1899 - 1909.
The extendable table and the eight chairs are in good condition.
A small metal plaque with the inscription Ducrot - Milano - Roma - Napoli - Palermo is fixed on the side of the table.
Measurements: Chairs - W 17.5 x D 18.5 x H 39 inches, seat height 19.5 inches, seat depth 17 inches.
Dining table W 51 x D 51 x H 31 inches with two extensions of 17.75 x 51 inches.
As the photo gallery is limited to 20 images, please request additional images.
The table and the chairs are pictured in a photo of the dining room of Ernesto Basiles own private home, Villino Ida Basile in Palermo, built between 1903 and 1904. The plan of the house is based around the dinning room positioned in the center, the heart of the home, symbolizing the nucleus that holds and brings the family together.
Ernesto Basile (1857-1932) was an Italian architect and an exponent of modernism and Art Nouveau. He became well-known because of his stylistic fusion of ancient, medieval and modern elements. He was one of the pioneers of Art Nouveau / Liberty Movement in Italy.
Between 1899-1909 Basile started a collaboration with Vittorio Ducrot, for whom he created different furniture. His villa was decorated with furnishings created as prototypes for the future Ducrot collections. less
- 17.5ʺW × 18.5ʺD × 39ʺH
- Early 20th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Very good condition
Wear consistent with age and use. Good
Very good condition
Wear consistent with age and use. less
- Art Nouveau
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 19.5 inches
- Table Base
- Table Shape
- Other (unique shapes)
- Number of Leaves
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.