Gorgeous set of four fer forgé rond - iron chairs designed by René Prou (French 1889-1947), France, circa 1940s.
The chairs ... moreGorgeous set of four fer forgé rond - iron chairs designed by René Prou (French 1889-1947), France, circa 1940s.
The chairs are decorated with a delicate scrolled design, the apron with conforming pendant loops as in the oval back, pierced cyma curve legs in the front and shaped legs in the rear. The cushion seats are covered in purple satin. Seat Height is 16 inch.
The frames have been readjusted and newly powder coated for $ 2,500 and are in a pristine condition.
The cushion seats are in the original condition and still very good. The purple satin needs to be reupholstered.
Prou, René (1889-1947)
The French decorator and designer became the design house Gouffe's chief designer. Called the first decorator of the modern taste, he contributed to the Art Deco movement's expansion. He took part, in 1926, to the luxurious decoration of the Orient Express's Pullman Cars to which he applied rare wooden marquetries and precious Chinese lacquers. Fuelled by classical forms, he nevertheless contributed to modern design by participating to the decoration of various ocean liners and the Villa Noailles. less
- 18ʺW × 17ʺD × 38ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
The frames have been professionally readjusted and newly powder coated and are in pristine condition. The satin fabric needs ... moreExcellent
The frames have been professionally readjusted and newly powder coated and are in pristine condition. The satin fabric needs upholstery. Please refer to the detailed description and photos.
Wear consistent with age and use. Minor fading. less
- Mid-Century Modern
- René Prou
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 16.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.