Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Submitted for your approval is this Sawyers View-Master Display Kit with View-Master Stereo Viewer, the Lighted Stereo Viewer and the ...
moreSubmitted for your approval is this Sawyers View-Master Display Kit with View-Master Stereo Viewer, the Lighted Stereo Viewer and the 2-D Junior Projector. These are all made with the vintage Bakelite material. This equipment was patented circa 1940.
Also included are three View-Master reels of 3-D color photos (one for each piece) and a set of original factory cartons from these pieces.
Additional collector photo reels may be available at extra cost.
View-Master is the trademark name of a line of special-format stereoscopes and corresponding View-Master "reels", which are thin cardboard disks containing seven stereoscopic 3-D pairs of small transparent color photographs on film. It was manufactured and sold by Sawyer's.
The View-Master system was introduced in 1939, four years after the advent of Kodachrome color film made the use of small high-quality photographic color images practical. Tourist attraction and travel views predominated in View-Master's early lists of available reels, most of which were meant to be interesting to users of all ages.
The View-Master was introduced at the 1939 New York World's Fair, marked "Patent Applied For". It was intended as an alternative to the scenic postcard, and was originally sold at photography shops, stationery stores, and scenic-attraction gift shops. The main subjects of View-Master reels were Carlsbad Caverns and the Grand Canyon.
The View-Master was marketed through Ed Mayer's photo-finishing, postcard, and greeting card company Sawyer's Service, Inc., known eventually as Sawyer's, Inc. The partnership led to the retail sales of View-Master viewers and reels. The patent on the viewing device was issued in 1940, on what came to be called the Model A viewer. Within a very short time, the View-Master took over the postcard business at Sawyer's.
Over the years there have been some 25 viewer models, thousands of titles, and 1.5 billion copies of reels. The basic design remained intact for reels and internal mechanisms, despite its long history and many changes in models and materials, ensuring that every reel will work in every model.
View-Master is part of the National Toy Hall of Fame of the United States.
This Antique May Qualify For Our GALLERY WIDE ~EXTRA~ 10-25% OFF SALE,
Going On NOW. Please Inquire.
~Like artifacts of an ancient civilization -
these rare legends
of early Motion Picture and related
production equipment technology -
have a secure and appreciating
place in history.~
CinemaAntiques has dedicated workshops, warehouses and galleries in Dallas Texas USA where we prepare, display and sell our rare Motion Picture equipment antiques.
Our Cinema Antiques are perfect for display in residential, industrial and museum settings. Collectors and museums worldwide are some of our clients. Our antiques also offer a unique sculpture look that is one of a kind and awe inspiring.
We offer one of the most complete and accurately curated selections of authentic Cinema Antiques, for sale, in the world. Many of our items were used in actual Hollywood Feature Motion Pictures, and we can only imagine the Movie Stars and entertainment Giants that paraded in front of these lights and cameras. As decorative “sculpture” or authentic Hollywood Cinema and Entertainment Memorabilia, our Cinema Antiques offer both a collectible and historical piece of the Hollywood Movie Industry, while at the same time presenting as an artistic and industrial piece of sculpture for your home, business or collection.
Our design staff believes that a well-curated room with unique artifact antique decor, can really add drama and creativity to a space. Exceptional décor will reflect the unique personality of both you and your room and also be that special focus and conversation starter your guests and clients will love.
All items sold and offered are presented as fairly and honestly as possible and we invite buyers to visit our Gallery prior to purchase, to view any antiques of interest.
We offer a signed and sealed Certificate of Authenticity with all antique items sold.
We have been active collectors and curators of vintage Motion Picture Equipment for over 50 years. During this time we have amassed a superb and rare ongoing collection of antique: movie cameras, Hollywood studio lights, film studio audio / microphones and other highly collectible artifacts of the Hollywood Film Production Industry.
We have been selling collectible Cinema Antiques since 1969 and are experts in the field. We have done certified cinema movie equipment appraisals for Banks, have served as Expert Witnesses in the legal system and have given our expert guidance to various museums.
We specialize in CERTIFIED Cinema Antiques and Artifacts Circa 1900 to 1969 and beyond, representing the Art Nouveau, Machine Age, Art Deco, Industrial Age and Mid Century Periods.
We market these rare via our physical Dallas Gallery, and our online 1stdibs Gallery.
All of our antiques are guaranteed to be as described and photographed.
Our prices do not include shipping, packing and insurance, but we ship worldwide at the buyers expense and offer both proper cushion packing and full value insurance on all items shipped.
Our prices do not include taxes or additional accessory items that may be available or show in some photographs.
We offer partial or full refurbishment and various levels of restoration services at our Dallas Workshop. All antique items sold are carefully preserved, cleaned and gently prepared at no extra charge according to the wishes of our buyers. We prefer to offer original ‘preserved’ Cinema Antiques showing original patina and use from years of cinema production work. However, minor to full restoration is available at additional cost.
We are quite pleased to offer additional photographs of any of our Cinema Antiques.
Our inventory is regularly changing so please inquire after any special antiques you may be searching for.
Our President and Curator, Bill Reiter, is always personally available to discuss your individual needs and queries.
Bill is proud to have professional credentials and affiliations, as follows:
- B.A. (Diplomate, Cinema, City University of New York),
- D.P. (Director Of Photography),
- S.O.C. (Member, Society of Operating Cameramen),
- S.M.P.T.E. (Member, Society Of Motion Picture And Television Engineers),
- S.I.A.V.T. (Diplomate, Sony Institute of Applied Video Technology, Hollywood)
- CINEMATHEQUE FRANCAISE, PARIS (Cine Antique Technical Consultant)
- PATHE FILM FOUNDATION, PARIS (Cinema Antique Technical Consultant)
- PETERSON AUTOMOTIVE MUSEUM (Cinema Antique Technical Consultant)
- INSTITUTE FOR MEDIA ARTS (Board of Directors)
- USA FILM SCHOOL (President)
- BACA Film Festival, (Certificate of Merit & Official Entrant, Brooklyn New York)
- FILMMAKING INSTRUCTOR, former, (City University of New York)
- DALLAS INT’L FILM FESTIVAL (Supporter & Official Cinema Antique Supplier)
- DALLAS FILM SOCIETY (Supporter & Official Cinema Antique Supplier)
- Official Supplier of Cinema Equipment Antiques To Heritage Auctions,
The World's Largest Collectibles Auctioneer
- Industry Recognized “Distinctive” Antique Dealer
- ACADEMY MUSEUM OF MOTION PICTURES (Founding Supporter)
- DECORATIVE ARTS SOCIETY (Founding Member)
- SOCIETY FOR CINEMA AND MEDIA STUDIES (Member)
- CAMERA PROP SUPPLIER (NETFLIX Series “House Of Cards”)
- CINEMA ANTIQUE SUPPLIER (Oliver Stone’s Film “Born On The 4th Of July)
- RALPH LAUREN CORPORATION (Cinema Antique Consultant)
- HISTORICAL VEHICLE ASSOCIATION (Member)
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC SOCIETY (Official Cinema Antiques Supplier)
- REPRESENTED BY SAATCHI ART GALLERY (for Component Art & Sculptures)
- FINANCIAL TIMES OF LONDON (Featured Article on Cinema Antiques, 9/17)
Due to the special 'one of a kind' nature of rare artifact antiques, we remind our clients that all antiques are subject to prior sale.
Please email or call us with ANY questions you may have.
Toll Free USA: 888.869.9998
USA and INTL: 972.869.0011
Due to the nature of online photo reproduction we cannot be responsible for exact photographic color, hue, contrast and flash and non flash exposure accuracy in our photos. While we do our best to display photos that are as accurate as possible, our photos may or may not depict the absolute EXACT hue or color tone of our antiques due to the many variables in image photography, image exporting, image uploading and viewer monitor accuracy. Please ask about color tone and hue BEFORE buying, if this is a concern! We have a gallery showroom where all of our antiques are on display and we will gladly offer in person viewings of our antiques to any designers and buyers that need to 'put eyes' on our antiques. We welcome all visits to our gallery, by appointment. less
- 12ʺW × 12ʺD × 12ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Dimensions are approximate. Please email for exact measurements of each piece. Excellent.
Dimensions are approximate. Please email for exact measurements of each piece. less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.