This detailed French Cave a Liqueur is from the middle of the 19th century. These boxes became popular around this ...
moreThis detailed French Cave a Liqueur is from the middle of the 19th century. These boxes became popular around this time, and some beautiful examples were made for the growing bourgeoisie class of France. The boxes were fitted with locks and keys to prevent household help from drinking and then adding water to expensive liqueurs.
This particular Cave A Liqueur has been constructed from ebonized wood with magnificent inlays of rosewood, mother of pearl, and bronze. There are four crystal flasks and fourteen crystal liqueur glasses all positioned on two levels of carved wood. The entire front of the box has a shaped front panel, which folds down while open to show off its intricate crown motif. The borders are scrolling rinceau with fleur-de-lis at each corner and another motif at the center of each border. All of the floral and foliate motifs are filled with tiny bits of exotic wood, mother of pearl and outlined in brass.
The retracting arm on the left side is split and locks the top in place while in the open position. To close, you must squeeze at the arm to release the movement. This period Napoleon III Cave a Liqueur is incredibly detailed and will be the highlight of any area it is placed in. less
- 13.5ʺW × 10.25ʺD × 10.75ʺH
- Mid 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- CONDITION: Good antique condition with replaced stopper on one decanter, minor surface cracking and nicks. Replaced key. Please see photos. CONDITION: Good antique condition with replaced stopper on one decanter, minor surface cracking and nicks. Replaced key. Please see photos. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.