Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Stefan Rurak’s Credenza Diptych typifies his unique approach to design. Rurak has translated his truism, denouncing the distinction between ...
moreStefan Rurak’s Credenza Diptych typifies his unique approach to design. Rurak has translated his truism, denouncing the distinction between art and design, into a literal representation. Designed as an integrated work, the Credenza Diptych simultaneously encompasses an artwork and a functional work of furniture. The console features a three door cabinet, opening to adjustable shelving. To the right are three drawers faced with cast concrete, punctuated with mark-making, clearly bearing the hand of the artist. The door panels of the console are extended visually upward integrating with a hanging panel. Both the doors and hanging panel are created from flat planes of hand-patinated steel. The smooth surface of the steel reads as moody takes on color field painting, with areas populated with splashes and stains before being finished with oil and buffed wax. Applied pigmented concrete is built up to create texture somewhere between collage and assemblage.
Brooklyn-based Stefan Rurak’s furniture defies conventional boundaries – merging fine art aesthetics, modern conceptual design, and traditional, hand-made craftsmanship techniques. His evocative, one-of-a-kind works are the type of collectible pieces built to span generations. Working with a variety of materials – wood, cast concrete, and steel – Rurak draws no distinction between art and design. His describes his work as sculpture that just happen to be functional – the utilitarian becoming a canvas for the aesthetic endeavor. The fascia of each piece conveys movement, action, and intuition, providing a stark counterpoint to the meticulous construction and composition of the functional skeleton underneath.
Rurak’s unique aesthetic and process stems from a diverse range of media, ranging from things as conventional as drawing and painting to performance art. “The work is largely process oriented, he states, “Increasingly I became aware that the mediums I was drawn to, such as silkscreen printing and film photography were really a pursuit of a craft that relied on a skillset as well as a system of tools.”
Cast concrete, Cement, Patinated steel, Walnut
Credenza: 34h x 84w x 22d inches
Panel: 60h x 52w x 1 1/2d inches less
- 84ʺW × 22ʺD × 34ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Table Shape
- Other (unique shapes)
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.