ABOUT THOMAS MCNICKLE
For as long as I can remember, the landscape has been the focus for my ... moreABOUT THOMAS MCNICKLE
For as long as I can remember, the landscape has been the focus for my thoughts, time and energy. I consider it a privilege to deal, on a daily basis, with this subject.
When I confront the landscape, I am overwhelmed by the specificity of the moment, the place, and the light. Through painting I try, not only to experience the moment, but to connect with it in a way that is outside the moment…timeless.
I work both in the studio and on location, painting watercolors plein-air which serve as studies for larger watercolors and oils done in the studio. As the studio works unfold, they provide an access to my memory of the time and place…not a literal visual memory, but a kind of organic memory, allowing me to re-experience them in totally new ways. It’s like following a piece of string to its origin. The only useful motion is returning.
I want my work to be evocative of the initial experience not descriptive of it. Ultimately, it must be of the experience not about it. I want the scene to take precedence over what I do and what I think I know.
The landscapes of my paintings come directly from my understanding of and involvement with my immediate surroundings – the fields, the woods and marshes that I have known since childhood.
I try, through my work, to capture the sites, sounds, smells and endless cycles that are the places I paint…to discover, what Patrick Kavanagh called, “ The undying difference in the corner of a field”. less
- 36ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 36ʺH
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Mint Condition, Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Gallery-Wrapped Sides Are Painted, With Exposed Staples. Gallery-Wrapped Sides Are Painted, With Exposed Staples. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.