Shiro Ikegawa (1933-2009) studied art and oil painting in Japan at the Tokyo University of Arts and later moved to ...
moreShiro Ikegawa (1933-2009) studied art and oil painting in Japan at the Tokyo University of Arts and later moved to Los Angeles in 1956 where he attended Otis Art Institute, earning an M.F.A. in 1961. Ikegawa was an accomplished painter but because he turned more of his attention toward printmaking during his career, his large paintings of this caliber are quite rare.
Ikegawa was represented by the prestigious Maratha Jackson Gallery in New York. He had prints commissioned by James B. Lancer Corp.; Martha Jackson; 2 editions for the L.A. County Museum (LACMA) Graphic Arts Council; Nomura Display in Tokyo; the Los Angeles Times and many others. His work has been included in dozens of exhibitions and held in collections throughout the country including the Whitney Museum, Brooklyn Museum, National Museum of Modern Art in Tokyo, L.A. County Museum of Art (LACMA), Crocker Art Museum and the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.
He was Assistant Professor of art at Pasadena City College (1961-67) and Cal State University, L.A. (’67-’76) and also taught at Otis Art Institute, Chouinard Art School, California State University, San Francisco, UC Berkeley, Vancouver School of Art and Parsons School of Design, among others.
Ikegawa’s work won many awards including: National Endowment for the Arts Fellowships in Printmaking in 1974 and Conceptual & Performance Art in 1981, and two Ford Foundation grants in 1977 and 1980. less
- 82ʺW × 2ʺD × 56ʺH
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good condition; Wear consistent with age and use. Good condition; Wear consistent with age and use. less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.