Shiro Ikegawa (1933-2009) studied art and oil painting in Japan at the Tokyo University of Arts and later moved to ...
moreShiro Ikegawa (1933-2009) studied art and oil painting in Japan at the Tokyo University of Arts and later moved to Los Angeles in 1956 where he attended Otis Art Institute, earning an M.F.A. in 1961. Ikegawa was an accomplished painter but because he turned more of his attention toward printmaking during his career, his large paintings of this caliber are quite rare.
Ikegawa was represented by the prestigious Maratha Jackson Gallery in New York. He had prints commissioned by James B. Lancer Corp.; Martha Jackson; 2 editions for the L.A. County Museum (LACMA) Graphic Arts Council; Nomura Display in Tokyo; the Los Angeles Times and many others. His work has been included in dozens of exhibitions and held in collections throughout the country including the Whitney Museum, Brooklyn Museum, National Museum of Modern Art in Tokyo, L.A. County Museum of Art (LACMA), Crocker Art Museum and the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.
He was Assistant Professor of art at Pasadena City College (1961-67) and Cal State University, L.A. (’67-’76) and also taught at Otis Art Institute, Chouinard Art School, California State University, San Francisco, UC Berkeley, Vancouver School of Art and Parsons School of Design, among others.
Ikegawa’s work won many awards including: National Endowment for the Arts Fellowships in Printmaking in 1974 and Conceptual & Performance Art in 1981, and two Ford Foundation grants in 1977 and 1980. less
- 82ʺW × 2ʺD × 56ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good condition; Wear consistent with age and use. Good condition; Wear consistent with age and use. less
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Art Subject
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.