William Constable Adam-Beautiful Flower Garden with Gate -Oil painting-1900soil on canvas laid onboard -Signed
frame size 20 x 16"
board ... moreWilliam Constable Adam-Beautiful Flower Garden with Gate -Oil painting-1900soil on canvas laid onboard -Signed
frame size 20 x 16"
board size 16 x 12"
(1846 - 1931)
William Constable Adam was active/lived in California, Massachusetts. William Adam is known for Monterey area, coastal view and figure painting.
He was born in Tweedmouth, England and studied under Delecluse in Paris, Brydall and Greenlees in Glasgow, and in Buenos Aires before immigrating to Boston in the latter part of the 19th century.He moved to California in 1894, and settled in Pacific Grove on the Monterey Peninsula.
Known as "Professor" Adam, William Adam gave art lessons in his rose-covered cottage at 450 Central Avenue. With a bright and colorful palette of both oil and watercolor, he specialized in views of the Monterey area such as sand dunes, cottage and garden scenes, and the local flora. He died there in 1931.
He was a member of the Boston Art Club; Glasgow Art Club and exhibited at California State Fairs (medals); the Del Monte Art Gallery, 1907-12; the Berkeley Art Association in 1908; Sorosis Club, 1913; Calif. Artists. His work is in the Silverado Museum at St Helena, California; the Santa Cruz City Museum; the Shasta State Historical Monument and the City of Monterey Collection.
Bac, 1894, 1895; Sacramento State Fairs (medals); Del Monte Gal., Calif.; Golden Gate Park Mus., 1916.
Del Monte Gal., Calif.; City of Monterey Collection; Silverado Mus., St. Helena, CA. less
- 20ʺW × 2ʺD × 16ʺH
- 1900 - 1909
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history Excellent - Minor wear consistent with age and history less
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.