Decorate a den or office wall with these elegant, antique Florentine engravings. The framed, wall pieces show architectural scenes were ...
moreDecorate a den or office wall with these elegant, antique Florentine engravings. The framed, wall pieces show architectural scenes were engraved in Florence, Italy, circa 1880. One engraving features the Place du Grand Duc, the other the Palazzo Corsini, Firenze, Piazza del Granduca (Florence, Piazza del Granduca (Grand Duke), now known as Piazza della Signoria).
Palazzo Corsini is one of the rarest and most prestigious examples of Baroque style in Renaissance Florence and one of the most illustrative moments in the history of Florentine painting. Structured on two levels, the monumental Palace can accommodate events that welcome large numbers of sitting guests. Not only are there two floors, but the service areas are logistically well-organized.
Both pieces are protected with glass top, and set in ornate églomisé frames; they are in very good condition with markings in the back. Small chip in one corner (see last picture).
Verre Églomisé is a French term referring to the process of applying both a design and gilding onto the rear face of glass to produce a mirrored finish. The name is derived from the 18th century French decorator and art-dealer Jean-Baptiste Glomy (1711–1786), who was responsible for its revival.
Measures: 22" W x 18" H. less
- 22ʺW × 2.25ʺD × 18ʺH
- Late 19th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good - Some wear and tear, but still good years left Good - Some wear and tear, but still good years left less
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.